The Institute of Biochemistry and Biology at the University of Potsdam is largely responsible for the curriculum of the master program in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation. The program is closely intertwined with research activities at the institute. In this way, we achieve a high practical relevance of the study contents and an early participation of the students in the current research of the working groups involved in teaching and non-university research institutes.
Five cooperating research areas characterize our interdisciplinary profile:
- Vegetation ecology and scientific nature conservation
- Aquatic ecology and ecological modelling
- Animal ecology and human biology
- Biodiversity research / General and special botany
- Evolutionary ecology and evolutionary biology / systematic zoology