ScapeLabs Experimental Platform
The ScapeLabs will provide a joint cross-system experimental platform that represents a novel approach to expand experimental biodiversity research to the ecosystem and landscape scale. The ScapeLabs will:
- link aquatic and terrestrial biodiversity and ecosystems,
- bridge scales from microbioal systems to real landscapes,
- capture degrees of anthropogenic influences on ecosystems ranging from near-natural to urban,
- link experiments and theory at the ecosystem and landscape level,
- include the full spatio-temporal context assessing and comparing genetic diversity and adaptation potential in different communities.
In summary, the ScapeLabs open the path to assess rapid changes in multifunctional landscapes. They are the core infrastructure for the Biodiversity Policy Research Laboratories (BiPoLabs). The ScapeLabs provide a flexible experimental platform for the investigations planned in the different work packages. The ScapeLabs platform consists of three components:
- AgroScapeLabs and
Link to more information about the ScapeLabs in general.